Privacy & Usage Policy
We respect the privacy of our online visitors and registered users (“Users”) as such we will take reasonable steps to protect your information.
- Company Overview
Nexgene Synergia is a technology-driven value chain company focused on helping the majority of Africans meet their basic needs conveniently.
- Updates, Modifications & Amendments
- Age Restriction
- The Information We Collect
4.1 Personal Information
As part of our operations, Nexgene Synergia collects and processes certain types of information (such as name, telephone numbers, address etc.) of individuals that makes them easily identifiable. These individuals include current, past and prospective employees, merchants, suppliers/vendors, customers of merchants, Users and other individuals whom Nexgene Synergia communicates or deals with, jointly and/or severally (“Data Subject(s)”).
Nexgene Synergia is firmly committed to complying with applicable data protection laws, regulations, rules and principles to ensure security of Personal Information handled by the Company.
To gain full access to our website and services, you must register for a Nexgene Synergic account. When you register for an account, we collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide to us. Personal Information refers to information relating to an identified person or information that can be used to identify you, (e.g. email address, bank details, name, telephone number). It may also include anonymous information that may be linked to you specifically, (e.g. IP address).
We use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with the required services.
- respond to your questions or requests
- improve features, website content and analyse data to develop products and services
- address inappropriate use of our website
- prevent, detect and manage risk against fraud and illegal activities using internal and third party screening tools
- send you marketing content, newsletters and service updates curated by Nexgene Synergia , however, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe if you do not want to hear from us
- verify your identity and the information you provide in line with Nexgene Synergia ’s statutory obligations using internal and third party tools
- maintain up-to-date records
- resolve disputes that may arise, including investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies
- any other purpose that we disclose to you in the course of providing Nexgene Synergia services to you
We may retrieve additional Personal Information about you from third parties and other identification/verification services such as your financial institution and payment processor. With your consent, we may also collect additional Personal Information in other ways including emails, surveys, and other forms of communication. Once you begin using our services through your Nexgene Synergia account we will keep records of your transactions and collect information of your other activities related to our services. We will not share or disclose your Personal Information with a third party without your consent except as may be required for the purpose of providing you with our services or under applicable legislations.
In providing you with the services, we may rely on third-party servers located in foreign jurisdictions from time to time, which as a result, may require the transfer or maintenance of your personally identifiable information on computers or servers in foreign jurisdictions. We will endeavour to ensure that such foreign jurisdictions have data protection legislation that is no less than the existing data protection regulations in force in Nigeria and your personally identifiable information is treated in a safe and secure manner.
4.2 Information that we collect from website visitors
We do not collect your Personal Information when you visit the website. However, so we can monitor and improve our website and services we may collect non-personally-identifiable information. We will not share or disclose this information with third parties except as a necessary part of providing our website and services. We may use the information to target advertisements to you.
4.3 Information that we collect from checkout users
When you checkout on our website, we collect and store your card information, your email address, your mobile phone number, and billing and shipping address. To ensure your card information is kept safe and secure on our servers, we implement access control measures (physical and virtual), security protocols, policies and standards including the use of encryption and firewall technologies in compliance with the PCI DSS Requirements and we implement periodical security updates to ensure that our security infrastructures are in compliance with reasonable industry standards.
4.4 Purpose Limitation
Nexgene Synergia collects Personal Information only for identified purposes and for which consent has been obtained. Such Personal Information cannot be reused for another purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose, except consent is obtained for such purpose
4.6 Data Minimization
Nexgene Synergia limits Personal Information collection and usage to data that is relevant, adequate, and absolutely necessary for carrying out the purpose for which the data is processed.
Nexgene Synergia will evaluate whether and to what extent the processing of Personal Information is necessary and where the purpose allows, anonymized data will be used.
- Two Factor Authentication (“2FA”)
2FA is an additional layer of security we have added to your account. When 2FA is enabled, you will be required to enter a One Time Password (OTP) (which is a verification code we have sent to you for authentication purposes), each time you checkout using the payment gateway on our website or platform. While we encourage you to enable this feature on every transaction, you may choose to disable the 2FA feature after your initial enrolment by clicking on the toggle button to disable. However, if you choose to disable this feature, you agree that Nexgene Synergia shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred as a result of your action.
Our cookies never store personal or sensitive information; they simply hold a unique random reference to you so that once you visit the site we can recognize who you are and provide certain content to you.
If your browser or browser add-on permits, you have the choice to disable cookies on our website, however this may impact your experience using our website.
- How We Protect your Information
Nexgene Synergia shall establish adequate controls in order to protect the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information, both in digital and physical format and to prevent Personal Information from being accidentally or deliberately compromised.
Nexgene Synergia is committed to managing your Personal Information in line with global industry best practices. We protect your Personal Information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration, we also use industry recommended security protocols to safeguard your Personal Information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to our building and files and only granting access to Personal Information to only employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Any Personal Information processing undertaken by an employee who has not been authorized to carry such out as part of their legitimate duties is unauthorized.
Employees may have access to Personal Information only as is appropriate for the type and scope of the task in question and are forbidden to use Personal Information for their own private or commercial purposes or to disclose them to unauthorized persons, or to make them available in any other way.
- How we share the Personal Information you provide
Nexgene Synergia does not sell, trade or rent personal information to anyone. However, to enable us render our services to you on our website, we may share your information with trusted third parties, such third parties include financial institutions, payment processors verification services, sanctions screening and identity verification services as well as any third parties that you have directly authorized to receive your Personal Information. Your Personal Information may be stored in locations outside the direct control of Nexgene Synergia, for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers.
We may disclose your Personal Information in compliance with applicable law or a legal obligation to which we are bound.
- Transfer of Personal Information
9.1 Third Party Processor within Nigeria
9.2 Transfer of Personal Information to Foreign Country
Where Personal Information is to be transferred to a country outside Nigeria, Nexgene Synergia shall put adequate measures in place to ensure the security of such Personal Information. In particular, Nexgene Synergia shall, among other things, confirm whether the country is on the National Information Technology Development Agency (“NITDA”) White List of Countries with adequate data protection laws.
Transfer of Personal Information out of Nigeria would be in accordance with the provisions of the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation. Nexgene Synergia will therefore only transfer Personal Information out of Nigeria on one of the following conditions:
- The consent of the Data Subject has been obtained;
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between Nexgene Synergia and the Data Subject or implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the Data Subject’s request;
- The transfer is necessary to conclude a contract between Nexgene Synergia and a third party in the interest of the Data Subject;
- The transfer is necessary for reason of public interest;
- The transfer is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- The transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subjects or other persons, where the Data Subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
Nexgene Synergia will take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Information is transmitted in a safe and secure manner. Details of the protection given when your Personal Information is transferred outside Nigeria shall be provided to you upon request.
- Grounds for Processing of Personal Information
Processing of Personal Information by Nexgene Synergia shall be lawful if at least one of the following applies:
- the Data Subject has given consent to the processing of his/her Personal Information for one or more specific purposes;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Nexgene Synergia is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural person; and
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in exercise of official public mandate vested in Nexgene Synergia .
- Choices and Rights
Individuals who have Personal Information held by Nexgene Synergia are entitled to reach out to Nexgene Synergia to exercise the following rights:
- Right to request for and access their Personal Information collected and stored. Where data is held electronically in a structured form, such as in a Database, the Data Subject has a right to receive that data in a common electronic format;
- Right to information on their personal information collected and stored;
- Right to objection or request for restriction;
- Right to object to automated decision making;
- Right to request rectification and modification of Personal Information which Nexgene Synergia keeps;
- Right to request for deletion of their data;
- Right to request the movement of data from Nexgene Synergia to a third party; this is the right to the portability of data; and
- Right to object to, and to request that Nexgene Synergia restricts the processing of their information
Your request will be reviewed by Nexgene Synergia’s Data Protection Officer and carried out except as restricted by law or Nexgene Synergia’s statutory obligations. You may decline to provide your personal Information when it is requested by Nexgene Synergia, however, certain services or all the services may be unavailable to you. You may review your account settings and update your Personal Information directly or by contacting us.
- The Data that We Retain
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide our services to you, comply with our legal and statutory obligations or verify your information with a financial institution.
Nexgene Synergia is statutorily obligated to retain the data you provide us with in order to process transactions, ensure settlements, make refunds, identify fraud and in compliance with laws and regulatory guidelines applicable to us, our banking providers and card processors.
Therefore, even after closing your Nexgene Synergia account, we will retain certain Personal Information and transaction data to comply with these obligations. All Personal Information shall be destroyed by Nexgene Synergia where possible. For all Personal Data and records obtained, used and stored by Nexgene Synergia, we shall perform periodical reviews of the data retained to confirm the accuracy, purpose, validity and requirement to retain.
The length of storage of Personal Informaiton shall, amongst other things, be determined by:
- the contract terms agreed between Nexgene Synergia and the Data Subject or as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was obtained; or
- whether the transaction or relationship has statutory implication or a required retention period; or
- whether there is an express request for deletion of Personal Data by the Data Subject, provided that such request will only be treated where the Data Subject is not under any investigation which may require Nexgene Synergia to retain such Personal Data or there is no subsisting contractual arrangement with the Data Subject that would require the processing of the Personal Data; or
- whether Nexgene Synergia has another lawful basis for retaining that information beyond the period for which it is necessary to serve the original purpose.
- Contact Nexgene Synergia ’s Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Nexgene Synergia maintains a data breach procedure in order to deal with incidents concerning Personal Information or practices leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, Personal Information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. You may contact our DPO upon becoming aware of any breach of Personal Information or if your access credentials have been compromised, to enable us to take the necessary steps towards ensuring the security of your Personal Information or account
Acceptable Use Policy
By accessing or using Nexgene Synergia website and services, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Restricted Activities
You may not use Nexgene Synergia website and services in connection with any product, service, transaction or activity that:
- violates any law or government regulation, or promotes or facilitates such by third parties;
- violates any rule or regulation of Visa, MasterCard, Verve or any other electronic funds transfer network (each, a “Card Network”);
- is fraudulent, deceptive, unfair or predatory;
- causes or threatens reputational damage to us or any Card Network;
- Actions by Nexgene Synergia
If, in our sole discretion, we believe that you may have engaged in any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, we may (with or without notice to you) take such actions as we deem appropriate to mitigate risk to Nexgene Synergia and any impacted third parties and to ensure compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy. Such actions may include, without limitation:
- Blocking your account or continuation of one or more services;
- Suspending, restricting or terminating your access to and use of the Nexgene Synergia’s Services;
- Terminating our business relationship with you, including termination without liability to Nexgene Synergia of any payment service agreement between you and Nexgene Synergia;
- Taking legal action against you;
- Contacting and disclosing information related to such violations to (i) any banks or Card Networks involved with your business or transactions, (ii) law enforcement or regulatory agencies, and (iii) other third parties that may have been impacted by such violations; or
- Assessing against you any fees, penalties, assessments or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that we may incur as a result of such violations, which you agree to pay promptly upon notice.
- Updates, Modifications & Amendments
We may need to update, modify or amend our Acceptable Use Policy at any time. We reserve the right to make changes to this Acceptable Use Policy.
We advise that you check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification on the page.